Saturday, February 4, 2017

Splitting Objects for 3D printing

Since we have to worry about limiting hours of printing to when we are open learning to split items in Tinkercad is a very handy skill.



I split this Disney castle that I found on Tinkercad for a student's Florida project. It was going to be over 10 hours so I split it in half so we didn't have to "print overnight". I tried to split this object in CURA first but no luck. 


A little bit of superglue and this one will be ready to go. Just be sure that you don't adjust the size while in Cura because the halves won't sync up. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice video. Thanks for sharing. Since we have to worry about limiting hours of printing to when we are open learning to split items in Tinker-cad is a very handy skill. Recently I got a website Iannone 3D, which is a Rapid Prototyping and 3D Printing Service Bureau in New Jersey area.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!